Click on a question below to reveal the answer.
- How do I know if I'm a member of the University of Maryland College Park, Alumni Association?
You are a member of the alumni association if you joined by paying a membership fee: $55 for single memberships, $70 for joint memberships. Three year and life memberships are also available. Take advantage of our Auto Dues Renewal Program
for potential savings! University of Maryland College Park graduating seniors receive a complimentary one-year membership
. Members receive a membership card, entitling them to many Member Benefits. Learn more ...
- How do I join the alumni association if I attended the University of Maryland, College Park, but didn't graduate?
The alumni association welcomes membership from all Terp fans who attended the University of Maryland for at least one class. Friends of the university may also join even if they never attended the university. Join now
- How do I receive my membership card?
You should receive your membership card within two to four weeks from the date the association receives your application form. If you don't receive your card within this time frame, contact the association at 800.336.8627 or 301.405.7973.
- How do I locate a former classmate?
All University Maryland College Park graduates can search for friends and make new connections through the Online Alumni Community.
- How do I access the Campus Recreation Center?
The association offers members access to campus recreation facilities, including the new Campus Recreation Center
, for just $182/semester. For more details visit, campus recreation facilities or call 301.405.7529.
- How do I learn about alumni events in my area?
Event mailings are typically sent to alumni in areas where there is a chartered or start-up alumni club. The university also mails general information to alumni. If you do not receive any information from the university, it is likely we do not have a current address for you. To update your address and reconnect to your alma mater, register now for free for the Online Alumni Community
. You may also fax your social security number, e-mail address, full name, maiden name (if applicable) and middle initial, graduation year, school and major, current address, and past address to Membership Services, 800.336.8627 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I find an alumni club in my local area?
The alumni association's Web page lists all local, regional (outside of Maryland), and international alumni clubs—take a look
- How do I find a job?
Please contact Linda LeNoir, assistant director University Career Center, at email@example.com
- How do I update my email or home address?
Please complete the update your record form
If you're already registered with the Online Alumni Community, login now to make sure your information is current. Build connections through career networking, mentoring and job posting features (including searching job postings for Maryland alumni). You can also:
- Organize your online content all in one place (Photo Albums, News Feeds & Videos)
- Write, publish and promote blogs
- Keep your former classmates up-to-date through Class Notes
- Log into the Online Alumni Community with your Facebook username and password via Facebook Connect
- How do I get an email account?
Graduates from the class of May 2005 and after may continue using their umd.edu accounts. However, you must return to Testudo
and update your email address field with your new address (where umd.edu will forward email to) once OIT notifies you.
Graduates from the class of May 2005 and before are eligible to establish an e-mail forwarding service with a terpalum.umd.edu domain (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org). To activate your account, you must first register through the Online Alumni Community
. After registering, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the Email Forwarding link located in the left navigation menu.
- Confirm the preferred email address (this is will be the final email destination)
- Create your own address such as email@example.com. You then give this address out to friends and family. This address, however, is NOT a "real" e-mail address with an e-mail inbox. Instead, when e-mails are sent to this address, they are automatically forwarded to the real e-mail address you have in the "Preferred E-mail" address field.
For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I get a copy of my transcript?
Contact the Office of the Registrar: http://registrar.umd.edu/former/
If you were enrolled at University College or overseas in Adult Education courses contact 301.985.7000.
- How do I buy University of Maryland plates?
License plates featuring either the new University of Maryland or Terrapin logo are $35 for alumni association members and $50 for non-members. For more information or to order a tag, please call 800.336.8627 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Delivery takes about four to six weeks.
Virginia—you can now order your own Terp license plate directly through the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles Web site
. Visit today for more information.
- How do I buy University of Maryland tags for my new car?
You can purchase tags along with your new automobile, and then apply for Maryland tags. Simply return the first set of tags to the MVA. The dealer can pick up your Maryland tags, but the alumni association will process the application. For more information or to order a tag, please call 800.336.8627 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you live in Virginia, you can order your own Terp license plate directly through the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles Web site.
- How do I attain my library bar code so that I can borrow books from campus libraries?
Effective April 1, 2012:
UMD Libraries now offers one comprehensive community borrowers program. All new community borrowers will pay a fee to obtain and to renew library-borrowing privileges to check out materials. Community borrowers who are not members of the alumni association will pay a $50 fee to obtain and to renew borrowing privileges. Click here to learn more about the Community Borrowers Program.
For alumni association members who would like to participate in the community borrowers program,
- New and renewing alumni association members will pay $25 per year, a 50% discount.
- Current annual and multi-year members will continue to receive free borrowing privileges until their membership expiration date at which time a renewal fee of $25 will be required.
- Current life members will still receive free borrowing privileges, but will need to renew their library community borrower membership in person. To renew your library community borrower card, please bring your current alumni association membership card and valid photo ID.
For more information about the change to the library-borrowing privileges, benefit, click here.
- How do I get discounts on tickets to athletic events?
Contact the Terrapin Athletics Ticket Office: http://www.umterps.com/ot/ticket_info.html
2740 Comcast Center
College Park, MD 20742
Phone: 301-314-7070 or 800-IM-A-TERP
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Ticket office is located on the second level of the Comcast Center
How do I purchase a class ring?
Class rings are now available through the official Class Ring Program
. For more information on the Official Ring Program, please contact membership services at 800.336.8627 or email@example.com
How do I register for the Online Alumni Community?
All graduates and members of the alumni association have access to the Online Alumni Community. To register for free, click here.
- How do I retrieve my password and user ID to the Online Alumni Community if I cannot remember them?
If you are registered in the Online Alumni Community
but cannot remember your password or user ID, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I rent space in the Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center?
To inquire about renting space in the Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center, please call 301.405.9756 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
- How do I contribute to the building of the Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center?
The Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center, a building built by alumni for alumni, is being funded by private donations. For information on naming and other giving opportunities, contact Brian Shook, director of development, at 301.405.6542 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Or visit the Riggs Alumni Center Web site