The University of Maryland Alumni Association hires eight interns each year. Interns learn about the university, the Division of University Relations and the Alumni Association. Moreover, they get exposure to the inner workings of a nonprofit, such as engagement, event planning, cultivation, stewardship and membership.
Interns support various teams at the Alumni Association including the Business Team, the Membership Team, the Outreach and Engagement Team (Events & Programs and Regional & Campus), and the Riggs Alumni Center Events Team.
- Full-time undergraduate student
- Available to work for an entire academic year
- Available to work occasional weekend hours
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiar and proficient with social networking websites.
- Friendly and courteous with a track record of excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working independently, but willing to take directions and ask questions to meet team goals.
- Willing to take directions and ask questions to ensure that projects are in line with objectives.
- Willing to have fun while working and show an energetic Terp spirit
Hours and Compensation:
Student interns work 10 to 12 hours each week. The starting salary for all interns is $8.75/hour. Interns are eligible for a $0.75 increase annually.