For Business Owners
For Business Owners
The Alumni Association's first industry network is the Terp Entrepreneur Network! TEN is a platform for entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs and seasoned professionals to network, share expertise and enjoy exclusive experiences.
Terp Referral Exchange Business Directory
Through the Terp Business Directory, Terp business owners and leaders can promote information about their company with fellow alums and the general public.
The directory is open to all University of Maryland College Park alums and Alumni Association lifetime members who are looking to promote their business to the Terp community.
As a participant, your business will gain exposure to Maryland graduates and new customers nationwide through the online Terp Business Directory platform and promotions, including:
- Alumni Association website exposure to 500,000+ visitors a year
- Access to over 200,000 Terps through email alerts
- Social media visibility averaging 90,000 impressions a month
- Ability to meet fellow Terps in your industry and expand business connections
Choose one of the following options when applying for your account:
- Premium - $150 annually. Upgraded profile with services description, links, logo and photo..
- Lifetime Member - COMPLIMENTARY. Access to all of the features in the Premium account for lifetime members of the Alumni Association. PLUS, special recognition of life membership and preferential listing in search results.
- Basic - FREE. Your name, class year and business name. No business website link.
When looking for businesses in the Terp Business Directory, you can search by the following six categories, as well as by business name, keywords, minority-owned status and lifetime membership status.
- Coaches and Consultants (keyword examples: athletics, behavioral, business, career, executive, fitness, leadership, life, mental health, skills, wellness)
- Creatives (keyword examples: advertising, art, dance, entertainment, freelance, graphic design, illustration, music, performing arts, photography, production, video)
- Finance and Development (keyword examples: architecture, city planning, commercial real estate, construction, development, engineering, environmental sustainability, finance, infrastructure, investment, wealth management, wholesale trade)
- Food and Beverage (keyword examples: bakery, bar/pub, beverage, brewery, caterer, dessert, distillery, e-commerce, food truck, restaurant, winery)
- Products and Services (keyword examples: accounting, business services, automotive, copy editing, dentist, doctor, educational services, event planning, health and beauty, insurance, landscape, legal services, marketing, residential real estate)
- Terps in Tech (keyword examples: artificial intelligence, assistive, communication, education, energy, environment, financial, hardware, information, mechanical, medical, production, robotics, software)
How do I apply?
- Go to the Terp Referral Exchange Business Directory website.
- Choose your subscription level and click “Subscribe Now”.
- You will be directed to a login screen to start your application. Use your Alumni Directory credentials to login. If you don’t have a directory account, click “create account.”
- After you are logged in, fill out the short application and select the community that best represents your business (refer to the list above).
- Once completed, click “submit application.”
- The Alumni Association will then review your application and send you an email with instructions on how to complete your public business profile.
What is the Terp Referral Exchange Business Directory?
The Terp Business Directory is for alums and Alumni Association lifetime members to promote their services and products to potential clients and customers in the Terp community.
What are the requirements for joining the Terp Referral Exchange Business Directory?
Applicants must have graduated from the University of Maryland College Park with an undergraduate or graduate degree OR be a lifetime member of the University of Maryland Alumni Association. Multi-level marketing and nationally franchised businesses will not be included.
I'm a lifetime member of the Alumni Association, is there a member benefit when I join?
Lifetime members of the Alumni Association will receive a complimentary upgraded profile, with special recognition of your lifetime membership and preferential listing in search results.
Why aren't submissions automatically added to the Terp Referral Exchange Business Directory?
Before we activate a profile, we will verify that the applicant is a graduate of the University of Maryland College Park OR is a lifetime member of the Alumni Association. In accordance with University of Maryland policy, we will verify that the businesses are consistent with the values of the Alumni Association and the University of Maryland.
I'm having trouble accessing/updating my profile. Who should I contact?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
By applying to be a part of the Terp Referral Exchange Business Directory, you are agreeing to the following:
The information contained in this exchange was voluntarily provided to the University of Maryland and the University of Maryland Alumni Association by alums business owners and employees. The businesses are not legally affiliated with the University of Maryland or the University of Maryland Alumni Association; the University of Maryland and University of Maryland Alumni Association assume no responsibility for the practices, positions, or conduct of any business contained within. A business listing is not an endorsement by the University of Maryland or the University of Maryland Alumni Association and the University of Maryland and the University of Maryland Alumni Association encourages users to exercise due care when engaging any business. University of Maryland and the University of Maryland Alumni Association do not endorse or make any other representations concerning any of the businesses listed on the directory.
All business submissions are reviewed by the University of Maryland Alumni Association. Within the values and mission of the University of Maryland, the business directory will promote businesses owned by University of Maryland alums and University of Maryland Alumni Association members. Multi-level marketing and nationally franchised businesses will not be included.
Join the Conversation
The University of Maryland is one of the leading universities for innovation and entrepreneurship. Many of the resources are available to alumni to help you achieve your startup goals. Learn more.
Terp Business Spotlight
Did you know?
Terps started 461 companies over the last five years, receiving $128.7 million in funding.
The University of Maryland ranks #7 across all institutions and #4 among public universities for undergraduate entrepreneurship programs, according to The Princeton Review/Entrepreneurship magazine.
On campus, 5,959 students took at least one undergraduate entrepreneurship course during the last academic year, and 595 were enrolled in an entrepreneurship-focused minor, major or concentration.