Become a Network Leader
Interested in becoming a network leader? Select a network to learn more and apply to become a board leader.
The University of Maryland Alumni Association is looking for alumni leaders in local communities to help bring UMD to your hometown. Network bboard members help engage alumni and build Terp pride in their community as ambassadors of the university. Work alongside generations of Maryland alumni and give back to the university through this unique opportunity.
- Serve as an ambassador on behalf of the Alumni Association and the University of Maryland.
- Provide leadership to increase alumni engagement within your region, school/college, affinity, or special interest network.
- Direct and manage the local strategic plan for Alumni Association outreach, engagement, network governance and budgeting.
- Gain exclusive access to Alumni Association events and free attendance at select events.
- Provide input to Alumni Association staff on programming in your area, including professional development, social and signature events.
- Network and connect with local community members and businesses.
- Plan and promote programming that will enhance the student and/or alumni experience, leading to a more connected and engaged alumni community.
- Attend regional board meetings (6-10 meetings/year).
- Be in good standing as a member of the Alumni Association.
- Represent the university at local Alumni Association events.
- Connect and help recruit prospective students.