Lambda Pride is the University of Maryland, College Park's official Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex and Ally (LGBTQIA) club. Our membership is open to all alumni and friends—including current students, faculty, staff, and families of students. Founded in 1998, Lambda Pride exists to connect alumni to one another, and to support learning and success of LGBTQIA students at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Spring 2014 Events
Capital Pride! UMD will be participating in major events of DC Capital Pride—marking in the Pride Parade on Saturday, June 7, and tabling at the Pride Festival on Sunday, June 8! Participation in both of these events is open to all associated with UMD: LGBTQIA alumni, staff, faculty, undergraduate and graduate students, parents and family members, and friends. We are actively recruiting Terps to march in the parade and help staff the festival booth. Interested? Contact Joey DeSanto Jones.
Drag Bingo! To bring our community together and further support the Maryland presence at Pride, we are hosting a Drag Bingo Night at Nellie's Sports Bar in DC on Tuesday, April 22 at 7 pm.
Connect with Us!
We welcome new members and invite alumni to join and get involved today!
- Saturday, June 7: Capital Pride Parade. UMD will be marching!
- Sunday, June 8: Capital Pride Festival. Help volunteer at our booth or stop by for some Terrapin giveaways!
This page is routinely updated so check back for more information. We encourage you to join our listserv to receive Lambda Pride announcements!
Events & Volunteer Opportunities
Lambda Pride welcomes your suggestions for events and volunteers to assist with them including:
- Lavender Graduation: The annual recognition of LGBTQIA graduates occurs every May.
- Capital Pride Festival: Help with the planning and staffing of our table at the Capital Pride Festival every June.
- Holiday Fundraiser: The annual fundraiser for the LGBT Equity Scholarship in December.
- Social, Cultural, and Volunteer Events and Initiatives: Have a suggestion? Interested in volunteering? Let us know.
Joey DeSanto Jones '02 and '06